Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6230
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi all!!

bought an Envy 6230, using the hp 4x6 photo paper

it keeps cropping the images

using the hp app, on an android huawei p30 phone

select the image , and the preview looks perfect, correct paper size in app, but when it prints it cuts off the edges, sometimes left sometimes top or bottom?

brand new printer out the box, using hp ink and Hp paper, tried most options but it keeps doing it

first off it kept saying I had put 5x7 paper in, but it was 6x4!

somehow got the app to agree that it’s 6x4 but it’s still cropping the images? What am I doing wrong? My other printer and app from cannon works perfectly?

hope this product is not a lemon!

thanks all

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Deniance Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP Envy 6230 cropping photos.

Please try selecting the paper size correctly on both the printer & the app.

Open the paper tray & close it, it will give a notification to select the paper settings. You have to select the paper settings on both the app & on the printer. Try to print.

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Me again!!

ok, so, I’ve now downloaded the hp app on my iPhone, if I use the hp app and select a picture and print with the correct paper settings it still crops the image, very bad, even if I resize the photo in the app by pinching the screen to resize it prints what it wants!!

also if I DO NOT use the Hp app and just use my iPhone picture gallery and press print it prints better but still cropped 

the printer has downloaded the latest software, and I have the latest software on my phone, very very disappointed with this printer, I can already tell by the lack of options on the printer and the app that I’m not going to resolve this, I’ll take more of your suggestions and try and fix it but, failing that I might return it and buy a different brand

also, I got emailed a pdf file, I printed the pdf file onto standard a4 paper but when it prints it cuts off the right hand side about 10mm and prints it on a second piece of paper!!!!!

HP Recommended

FE84D3E5-CBAC-41F5-B601-B407583851EA.jpeg

 this is the original image from iPhone camera 

HP Recommended

72912790-5D7E-464B-82FF-62D7B6494285.jpeg

 this is iPhone gallery and print without Hp app, it’s cropped the colour from bottom

HP Recommended

A505A620-C853-431C-A065-9D98F663683D.jpeg

 this is the Hp app, it’s cropped everything, if you resize in the app it just keeps printing this, over and over🤷‍♂️

so

huawei android phone FAIL

huawei android and HP app FAIL

IPhone FAIL

IPhone and HP app FAIL

IPhone and A4 PDF file FAIL

HP Recommended

@Deniance

I understand your concerns.

Please let us know photocopy will work without any issue.

Also, let us know if you are using HP Smart or hp print service plugins.

Try to update the firmware.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.