Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am having frustrating issues with my HP Envy 6255. 

There are some inconsistencies when trying to print photos on a 4 x 6 photo papers sourced from the photo tray.

The results are:

1. Photo paper gets jammed

2. Printer is saying that it is out of paper, even though the settings on the PC is correct as well as there is a lot of photo paper loaded on the photo try. 

3. Printer is saying there is paper jammed even though there is isn;t,

4. Sometimes it will just print but majority of the time it doesn't and goes back to the issues I have highlighted above.

I have no problems printing on the main tray or any paper using 8 x 11 sizes.

Please help!

Mark

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@markmark1983

Welcome to the HP support community.

Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly

• Make sure the printer is positioned on a flat surface.

• Push in the output tray extender.

• Pull out the input tray, but do not remove it.

Image: Pull out input tray

• Remove the output tray.

Image: Remove the output tray

• Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly, and that the photo tray guide tabs (grey) are sliding beneath the main tray guides (black) on both the left and right side of the input tray.

Image: Photo tray properly functioning

Image: Tabs outside and inside guide rails

If they are not in the correct position, gently move the photo tray to align the tab gaps, and then gently press the tabs back into position.

The photo tray should move freely with no resistance.

• Reinstall the output tray, and then make sure the edges line up with the input tray.

Image: Line up the edges

• Try to print.

• If the error persists, try printing or copying a document with the output tray removed.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:l Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.