Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6255 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today 12/16/2019 the printer stops in the middle of printing and flashes all the lights and the screen pixelates or otherwise breaks.
I have searched and found similar problems and went through the list:
Turn it off and back on [both printer and PC]
Update them [both printer and PC]

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector [this is the problem!]

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door [done]

3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button) [done]

4) Clean the electrical contacts, refer to step 4 from this document. [done]

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer [done]

6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges. [done]

7) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware. [done]

And after two years of being plugged into the same power strip / surge protector and printing hundreds of pages, now out of the blue for no reason the printer will only work if its plugged directly into an wall outlet?? In this section of my office I only have two outlets and both are occupied by surge protectors that are powering my other devices. there is no room for it to be special and have its own outlet.
What has changed all the sudden that it needs to have its own outlet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Banditks

Welcome to HP support community.

It is recommended to connect the printer directly to wall outlet.

However,

Update the printer firmware and check if hat helps.

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Banditks

Welcome to HP support community.

It is recommended to connect the printer directly to wall outlet.

However,

Update the printer firmware and check if hat helps.

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reinstalled all of the software and printer applications from scratch, I updated the firmware, plugged it into the wall outlet. something along that line has fixed the issue.

HP Recommended

@Banditks

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel  free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.