12-16-2019 03:40 PM - edited 12-16-2019 03:54 PM
Today 12/16/2019 the printer stops in the middle of printing and flashes all the lights and the screen pixelates or otherwise breaks.
I have searched and found similar problems and went through the list:
Turn it off and back on [both printer and PC]
Update them [both printer and PC]
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector [this is the problem!]
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door [done]
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button) [done]
4) Clean the electrical contacts, refer to step 4 from this document. [done]
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer [done]
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges. [done]
7) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware. [done]
And after two years of being plugged into the same power strip / surge protector and printing hundreds of pages, now out of the blue for no reason the printer will only work if its plugged directly into an wall outlet?? In this section of my office I only have two outlets and both are occupied by surge protectors that are powering my other devices. there is no room for it to be special and have its own outlet.
What has changed all the sudden that it needs to have its own outlet?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-19-2019 01:46 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
It is recommended to connect the printer directly to wall outlet.
Update the printer firmware and check if hat helps.
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee