04-30-2020 01:19 PM
Hello, I have an HP Envy 7100 printer. When we had had it for almost a year it stopped “finding” the 4x6 photo paper. It keeps saying to load photo paper even though it’s already loaded.
I’ve tried rebooting the printer, but it hasn’t worked. It’s the same results whether I try printing from the Windows tablet, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone.
Additionally, within the last couple weeks it has stopped printing letter size paper. Occasionally turning the printer off and back on will help, but it’s hit or miss.
05-10-2020 08:40 AM - edited 05-10-2020 01:47 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Try the steps in the document - An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!