Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7155 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded to a new HP Envy 7155 All-In-One, from my old Envy 5660.
I was a little surprised to see that the new 7155 didn't have the same automatic tray feature as the old 5660, which would automatically extend the tray as soon as a print job began. Not a deal-breaker, just surprised.

But now I'm finding out that the 7155 doesn't seem to be able to AUTOMATICALLY print double-sided documents.
On my old 5660, the first page would print, then the printer would pull the page back in and print the other side with no further action required by me.
But on this new 7155, it seems the only way I can print a double-sided document is to print page 1, then MANUALLY reinsert the page back into the paper tray.

I went through the initial "test" procedure the first time I tried to use double-sided printing, and everything turned out exactly as expected, but now I get this pop-up dialog every time telling me to manually reinsert the page.
Can this be right? What am I missing?
Is this Envy 7155 not capable of automatic double-sided printing??

If this is be design, then it would be a major step backwards for me, and the printer may have to go back...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Never mind... I fixed it.
I completely uninstalled the printer and all associated files, folders and registry entries (using Revo Uninstaller, as suggested elsewhere here) and started over.
This time I installed the Full package instead of just the Basic Driver (which always worked before...?)
When I went into Devices and Printers (WIndows 10 64-bit), and selected Printer Properties, there was now a new entry under Device Settings that I do't believe was there before; Installable Options-Automatic Duplexing-INSTALLED
The first double-sided document I tried printer without issue - the printer paused after the first page, pulled the page back in, and printed the other side perfectly...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Never mind... I fixed it.
I completely uninstalled the printer and all associated files, folders and registry entries (using Revo Uninstaller, as suggested elsewhere here) and started over.
This time I installed the Full package instead of just the Basic Driver (which always worked before...?)
When I went into Devices and Printers (WIndows 10 64-bit), and selected Printer Properties, there was now a new entry under Device Settings that I do't believe was there before; Installable Options-Automatic Duplexing-INSTALLED
The first double-sided document I tried printer without issue - the printer paused after the first page, pulled the page back in, and printed the other side perfectly...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.