02-17-2016 01:32 PM
Powers On and control panel displays, but when touching any of the controls (copy, fax, scan, etc.) nothing happens. I can print and scan from my computer. The wireless indicator light does come on when connected to the WiFi.
I've tried turning the power off and then power on. Again the panel lights up, but doesn't respond. Software/firmware up to date. Fax Test Report indicates pass in all areas.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-17-2016 01:48 PM
02-17-2016 06:17 PM
I did unplug the printer (with the power on) for 10 minutes (actually it was closer to 15). Since I've always had the printer plugged into a powerstrip, rather directly into a wall plug, I plugged it back into the powerstrip. It worked right away!
04-21-2017 09:16 AM
The solution provided still works to this day. Had the same exact problem. Unplugged for 10 minutes (while the printer was still powered on) and then re-plugged into the wall and now the touch screen works just fine!
12-06-2019 12:50 PM
Tried this, and tried unplugging from the back of the printer, powered down and back up, reset the router, lifted and closed the lid to reset. NOTHING is working to reactivate the control panel. HELP! It's printing with no problem. I need to send a fax! Ugh!!
12-06-2019 01:07 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!