Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 7645 just stopped printing yellow

HP Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy stopped printing yellow. I have replaced the cartridges, I have conducted multiple alignments, printhead cleanings, etc. and nothing seems to work. It's strange that if I do a second or third level cleaning, the resultant printout gets worse not better. The yellow section of the printout is coming out a green color and there are gaps in the printing. The alignment appears to be okay based on the printouts. Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately even though this is a newish printer, it is already out of warranty.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,464 20,452 1,356 2,017
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dfs57,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing yellow.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

For now, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2wOEfYe

NOTE: Ignore the steps you have already performed.

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you update the printer firmware and check. Follow the steps in the below article to update the printer firmware.

https://hp.care/2KmxV1o

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I had previously attempted the steps outlined in both of those articles and my yellow still won't print. Any other suggestions? Per your question, my yellow was working at least a month ago maybe more recently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,362 24,317 2,057 3,195
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dfs57

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and just to ensure I'm on the same page as you are, let me get this straight:

You've upgraded the printer firmware,

And prior to that, you have completed the steps mentioned below and yet the issue persists:

• Solution one: Use genuine HP cartridges

• Solution two: Allow the printer to rest

• Solution three: Check the paper

• Solution four: Check the print settings

• Solution five: Check for ink smears on the back of printouts

• Solution six: Check the estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges

• Solution seven: Print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic report, and then troubleshoot any defects
    • Step 1: Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report
    • Step 2: Examine the color blocks for defects
    • Step 3: Clean the cartridges
    • Step 4: Examine the alignment lines and box for defects
    • Step 5: Align the printer
    • Step 6: Clean the area around the ink nozzles

• Solution eight: Replace the problem cartridge
    • Step 1: Check the cartridge warranty status

• Step 2: Replace the problem cartridge

If yes, I recommend you Contact HP to have the printer repaired or replaced, as this could be a hardware malfunction:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2moMFSc

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I realize that this is a late reply, but the link you provided doesn't work. I have also searched for local HP inkjet printer support (the HP support page doesn't even have a dropdown for inkjet printers) and cannot find any. As it would happen, my printer is, wait for it, out of warranty. I am guessing that there is a print head malfunctioning, which is the reason that I bought this printer in the first place, because the print head on my previous HP printer stopped working. This is getting tiresome. Where can I get help with this printer that doesn't involve me shipping it somewhere and end up costing me an arm and a leg?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,362 24,317 2,057 3,195
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dfs57

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Follow these steps to replace the problem cartridge if you saw defects on the Print Quality Diagnostic report and the preceding steps did not resolve the issue, even if the cartridge is not low on ink. The problem cartridge is the one that printed the defects on the Print Quality Diagnostic report as described earlier in this document.

Step 1: Check the cartridge warranty status

If you have a defective cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty. To check the warranty on your ink or toner supplies, go to hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies, and then review the limited warranty information for your supplies.

Step 2: Replace the problem cartridge

Follow these steps to replace the problem cartridge.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Open the cartridge access door by placing two fingers under one or both of the small handles on the sides of the cartridge access door and then lifting it up.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Image: Open the cartridge access door

The Door Open screen displays on the printer control panel with the message, 'The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.' A Change Ink option also displays on the bottom right corner of the touchscreen.

3. Touch Change Ink to watch a video on the touchscreen about replacing the cartridges (optional).

4. Lightly press down on the low or empty cartridge to release it.

Figure : Press down on the cartridge

Image: Press down on the cartridge
    • Remove the cartridge from the slot on the left to replace the tri-color cartridge.

• Remove the cartridge from the slot on the right to replace the black cartridge.

5. Pull the cartridge toward you out of its slot, and then set it aside for recycling.

NOTE:

Recycle any low or empty cartridges. The HP Inkjet Supplies Recycling Program is available in many countries/regions, and it is free of charge.

6. Remove the new cartridge from its package. Be careful to touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.

Figure : Remove the cartridge from its package

Image: Remove the cartridge from its package
  7. Pull the orange tab to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.

CAUTION:

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tape on the contacts. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Figure : Remove the tape and avoid touching the cartridge contacts or ink nozzles

Image: Remove the tape and avoid  touching the cartridge contacts or ink nozzles
  8. Slide the new cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push up on the cartridge until it snaps into place.

• Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.

• Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.

Figure : Insert the new cartridge

Image: Insert the new cartridge
  9. Repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge, if necessary.

10. Close the cartridge access door. When the door is completely closed, the Door Open screen with the message, 'The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.' disappears, and the printer returns to the Home screen.

Figure : Close the cartridge access door

Image: Close the cartridge access door
  11. Touch OK.

12. Wait for the printer to calibrate and align the cartridges. After the alignment is complete, the printer prints an alignment page.

13. Touch OK, and then discard or recycle the alignment page.

Solution nine: Service the printer

Service or replace your HP product if you completed all preceding steps.

To see if your product is still under warranty, go to the warranty check website http://www.support.hp.com/checkwarrantyContact HP Support to schedule a repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, Contact HP Support to find a local service center in your area.

Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

NOTE:

Keep a print sample that shows the problem. If the ink cartridges, printhead, or printer is replaced under warranty, the support agent will request the print sample. If the printer is returned to HP, the print sample must be returned with the printer. Place the sample in the output tray when you package your printer for shipping.

You may check with the local store for replacement options or simply contact HP using this link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

(Not sure why the other link didn't work, but here's the alternate link)

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation