Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Given an HP Envy Photo 7855 All-In-One printer a few months ago. Bought toner for it but getting the "use setup cartridges that came with printer" message. Printer was purchased in late 2018 and never used, the setup cartridges were not in the box. Please tell me how to bypass the setup cartridges or where to purchase them; I've done a hard reset, twice. I didn't know setup cartridges were required/needed and I'm supposed to start working from home tomorrow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JayeMix

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63
HP Recommended

Hi @JayeMix

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

I’m having the same issue with no setup cartridges in box for HP Envy photo 7855. Can you send me the override instructions?

HP Recommended

Hello. I have an error message that says "use setup cartridges that came with your printer."

The black and color cartridges were in there and I put them in but it still says the same error message even after cutting the printer off then back on. It will not go any further and I just bought this printer. So can you please tell me how I can fix the problem please......

HP Recommended

I have the same problem no setup cartridges in the box...

HP Recommended

@TM97 @Data_dz1

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Becks2

Apologies for the delayed response.

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought a HP Envy Photo 7855 All-In-One printer a few months ago. Bought 64 cartridges for it and installed them but getting the "use setup cartridges that came with printer" message.  The setup cartridges were not in the box. Please tell me how to bypass the setup cartridges or where to purchase them; I've done a hard reset.. I didn't know setup cartridges were required/needed So I have the same problem as JayeMix.

HP Recommended

@ultralighter

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.