Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all! 

I have an HP Envy 7855 all in one printer. When sending files wirelessly or wired to be printed, the printer has no problem accepting the file and printing from the main paper tray 8x11. However, when I try to copy a paper 8x11 size, the printer immediately throws a paper tray error, and insists that I ensure paper is inserted into the main tray. I check for jams or paper presence, and everything seems normal. It just doesn’t want to copy to 8x11 size for some reason. I have done a factory reset of the machine, and also checked for all appropriate drivers through the app on the computer. I appreciate your help, and thank you in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Remove and reload the paper into the tray, then evaluate the shown prompt.

Ensure the correct Paper Size (Letter) and Paper Type (Probably Plain Paper?) are selected for the printer, then check for any difference while copying.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Okay, I did that. The error reads, “the paper size detected by the printer does not match the paper size selected for the print job”  I did not see a prompt for paper size while starting the job, and the error happens both while copying(where you lift the lid) and scanning (where it gets sucked in the top and pushed out the bottom of the fax function) 

HP Recommended

both the printing software pitney bowes and the printer are set to envelop #10 yet the printer still has this error and references 8.5x11" which neither show in their settings. CLOSE - appears to be Pitney issue as Word works.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.