Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7830 + HP OfficeJet Pro 8022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys, 

I've got a problem that neither the hp support, nor I can answer. 

2 weeks ago I've bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 8022 where I had the problem, that on every printed photo I had some stripes over the picture which seem to be in a lower ppi quality. I usualy print in 600 ppi, but those stripes seem to be in under 100. 

Because of that error (and some others), I gave the printer back and bought an Envy Photo 7830 which has exactly the same problem. 

We tried

- different drivers (older driver, compatible drivers from Photosmart C7200 and C309).

- different paper (HP Advanced Photo Paper, Canon Photo Paer Plus Glossy, Canon Photo Paper Pro).

- different apps for printing (LR, PS, HP Smart, Windows Photo and a completely different device - from an iPad)

All photos were printed in highest quality with a minimum of 300 ppi (up to 1200).

Is this a well known HP problem? I don't get it why there's 1:1 the same problem with two completely different printers.

My parents got an HP Envy 5000 series which works absolutely fine. 

Here's a pic (scanned with 1200dpi) where you can see the problem pretty good. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-23 at 15.17.08.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Hempf

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Does this issue occur only when printing Photos?

Do you experience the same issue with Photocopies?

Please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Keep me posted 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey,

yes, it happens only when I print photos. The issue also appears when I copy something (but due to the lower quality, it's harder to see). 

Firmware is the latest. 

It's crazy that the same error occurs on two completely different printers.  

HP Recommended

@Hempf

Since the issue occurs while making Photocopies, this is not a driver issue

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm already in contact with HP support but the support also doesn't know how to help me. 

I could exchange the printer again, but I think this is a general problem of HP printers, since this happend on two different models. 

HP Recommended

So I changed the printer again but the failure is still the same. 

I wouldn't say HP printers suck, but there's no reason why I shouldned. 

HP made a fool of themself when they can't even bring decent photo printers on the market. 

I'm really unsatisfied. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.