01-13-2020 04:51 PM
We just unpackaged our printer and plugged it in. It gets to the 4th dot of 7 on the bootup and it just hangs there.
We found many posts indicating various power off and wait times and tried them all.
It is still behaving the exact same way.
A few posts indicate special instructions were sent via e-mail. I don't know what those were or if they worked.
01-16-2020 10:01 AM
@PaulGG1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
This could be a possible hardware failure. Follow the steps below-
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee