Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My ENVY 4520 printer is giving me a "remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge making sure it is correctly installed" error message that I cannot resolve, despite following those instructions repeatedly.

I have had this issue for months now and still no luck. I am an instant ink subscriber and can't figure out why I may have this problem as I've always used HP products. Please advise before I buy a new printer, non HP! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MitchellT20 Welcome to HP Community!

If you've gone through the link suggest by @Dragon-fur and yet the issue persists, here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MitchellT20 

Do not respond to Roh*

Spammer.

Be Aware:

Please do not call random 800 numbers posted by new / unknown members.

Watch out for buried or hidden links in posts you do not recognize.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks... can you help with the below mind you?

HP Recommended

@MitchellT20 

@MitchellT20 wrote:

Thanks... can you help with the below mind you?

You are welcome - we do not ordinarily intervene - the last few days have been particularly irritating.  I don't want someone to be caught by an obvious ploy - but not everyone sees these things as obvious.

You have likely read each of the troubleshooting documents at least twice by now.

HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge

I will ask that someone take a look.

Should there be a response, the moderator / agent will post back here before using other methods to contact you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You also have the option to contact your Instant Ink support group.  

Honestly, I don't know if that will help; it depends on the issue.

The Contact-How-to is included in your Instant Ink Account.

More information from the HP Instant Ink "how to" Website

Website > Help, Information, How-to:  HP Instant Ink

Instant Ink Cartridge Will Not Print

Unsolicited response to "not buying HP":

This product shows having been introduced in 2015.  In my unsolicited opinion, nearly five years (or even four years) is a very long service time for a budget printer.  I cannot dissuade you from your brand bias, of course - the statement is merely an observation.

Good Luck.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@MitchellT20 Welcome to HP Community!

If you've gone through the link suggest by @Dragon-fur and yet the issue persists, here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.