Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5032
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have recently changed my internet provider. I have set up my Envy 5032 printer in wireless mode. I am showing on the printer "set up screen" that printer is connected wireless and shows an IP address. Also the "wireless indicator light" is showing solid blue.

When I check the printer status  on the "HP Smart" pages on the computer it shows Printer Offline. 

I have tried using the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" app to correct this problem but have not corrected the issue.

Until I can put this right I cannot access information about my print records or my Ink usage status.

Please help

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Take a look at this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately  there was no change to my situation after carrying out the process suggested by yourself (ie everywhere there is an indication that I have a wireless connection except the HP Smart page tells me that I am offline.).

I carried through the process using the touch screen on the printer and the WPS button on my router. The process followed through correctly, I first of all I lost the wireless connection, I pressed the WPS button on my router which then indicated on my printer the correct network name, I touched on this and the IP address was established. 

With the exception of the HP Smart page telling me the printer is offline everything indicates that the system is set correctly.

Thank you 

Alan

HP Recommended

Are you able to access the EWS?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help 8lives. My problem has now been solved but it was a very complicated situation with changes having to be made within my computer, so many that I cannot now remember. The solution came by using the HP telephone help line and gaining excellent service that solved my problem. Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.