Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F380 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I power on the printer I get the following read out on its panel and I can't turn the printer off using power button. I have to remove the power cord to turn the printer off, Please help (I am not using any cartridges at this moment). If you need any more information, let me know.

Power on error msgPower on error msg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mandar301 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the printer will not work.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Follow these steps in the order given to reset the product.

Step one: Perform a partial reset

1. Press the Power button () to turn off the product.

2. With the product turned off, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

8. Check the control panel to see if the lights are still blinking.

Step two: Print a self-test page

1. Press and hold the Cancel button (), and then press the Start Copy Color button ().

2. Release both buttons at the same time. The self-test report prints.

• If these steps resolved the issue and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

Please let us know if you are able to print the self-test page.

Please refer to the following link blinking lights.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

When I plug the power cord into the printer the power light turns on and stays on. I am unable to turn the printer off even by pressing the power button. 

i.e As soon as the printer power cable is inserted the panel turns on and shows the display as shown in photo in my original post and I am unable to turn the printer off once I plug in the power cable even if I press power button.

Please refer to the following link blinking lights

^^^The lights on my panel are not mentioned on above link.

HP Recommended

@mandar301 

Thank you for the update.

The issue seems to be the hardware part, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.