Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Bought a HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 because I could not find anymore cartridge for my older printer.  I was told that this type of printer would source the ink from the side tanks and would not need new cartridge for quite a long time. 

I filled all the side tanks with the orginal and genuine ink bottles provided with the printer at time of purchase. I was surprised to find another two inner cartridges (GT52 - tri colour & GT51 Black colour only) provided with the rest.  I did install them as well, as it was part of the installation process. 

After 89 pages printed over 2 months, the GT52 cartridge was empty and I got a "!" error message telling me that the cartridge was empty. I was surprised as all the ink tanks are still intact. No inks was ever used from those. 

Several questions arise at this point:

1. Why would the ink tanks not be used instead of the inner GT 51 and 52 cartridges?

2. Would the inner cartridges in question get refilled by the side ink tanks?

3. Why there is no explanation neither online or with the set up litterature regarding any potential steps to kick the ink feed from the side tanks?

4.  Why can I not print in B&W?

I tried printing in B&W but the printer ignored the fact that the GT51 and side balck tak were full and an error message appeared on my desktop.

I tried to print reports or test pages but each time the printer was responding as "busy" and I could not communicate with it.

I tried to contact the online automatic chat assistant. That was such a waste of time. 

I tried contacting the WhatsApp technical support and the only one I get hold of is in India and they refused to help me as I am not living in India. 

Having an asbolute nightmare with this and regretting my old printer.... Please help!!

All side Ink Tanks are prestine and fullAll side Ink Tanks are prestine and fullGT52 empty but should the print use the tanks instead?GT52 empty but should the print use the tanks instead?Error message prompting to colour cartridge alertError message prompting to colour cartridge alert

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Reberries

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

The HP 51 and 52 are the print head.

The print head gets ink from the ink Tank.

I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Then click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953/model/16180954/documen... for Black Ink Not Printing.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Any other article that can help to resolved the issue. 

HP Recommended

Tried these steps but no resolution.

The printer I bought is just about 1.5 month old. It gave prints very nicely when I started using it but I was not using it for last 20-25 days and now when I print, it prints only the colors and the blank ink is not getting printed on the papers despite the ink tanks being all full.

HP Recommended

Hi @ankawale

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. This looks like a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have problem the black color is not printing it showing empty and the Tank is full of ink, that is my problem. i am near to change this printer. please  help. 

HP Recommended

i have the same problem, share with me if you got a solution. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hi Adam,

What I did is to contact the service support on the whatsup. they suggested to bring it on the Service center to replace the printer head. If you unit is still under warrantly and no need to pay something. 

After they replace the head, I got my printer and it is working.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  i will contact on Whatsapp as you did.! 

HP Recommended

After so many years as the leader in the domestic printer market when will HP realise that reaching out to support is not an acceptable solution. 

I have a tank wireless 410 which is still on the original fill and the yellow has suddenly stopped printing.
I do not have "support" locally. So what am I supposed to do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.