01-21-2020 11:00 PM
I have installed new 950/951 ink cartridges into my HP8600 Printer. I have read a bunch of threads and they say I need to call HP to have my printer unlocked? I can't find a phone number and I have read most people cant get the printer reset to accept the ink cartridges.
I am trying to install Z10 cartridges. HELP PLEASE!!
And yes I checked the firmware etc.
01-24-2020 09:28 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Clean the ink cartridge contacts
- Turn the printer on.
- Open the door to access to the ink cartridges.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Push in on the front of the ink cartridge indicated in the error message, and then remove it.
- Wipe the electrical contact on the ink cartridge with a lint-free cloth.
- Insert the ink cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place.
- Repeat these steps for any other ink cartridges indicated in the error message.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-25-2020 01:53 PM
I have sent you a private message with the Phone Number for HP Support
Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.
Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope
I Am An HP Employee