Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP InkJet Cartridge C6602A
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My company recently upgraded our Digital Check TS230 and TS4120 to the TS240 and also bought new ink for the scanners. The new scanner takes the same ink the 230 and 4120 took which is the HP Inkjet Cartridge C6602A. After setting up the scanners at multiple locations we started getting complaints about the scanner saying that there is no ink cartridge in the device or that it would stop spraying a micr information on the back of items scanned.

I received one of the new cartridge to inspect and I noticed that on the new cartridge the chip connector was a different design. The old model cartridge a full chip and the newer one has half a chip. I don't know if this was a bad batch of cartridges that got put in circulation or if this was designed this way to cut back manufacturing cost of the ink cartridge but I would like some answers.

I did call Digital Check about this issue, and the rep informed me that they have received several complaints about it as well

.ink.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dwhilton 

Could you please do me a favour and log the details for this case at the website below

www.hp.com/go/SPSwarranty   

Once this is received you should be hearing from one of our Quality Engineers within the Speciality Printing Systems team.

Could you please keep me posted and let me know when they contact you?

Many thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@dwhilton 

There might have been a change with the chip, let me check on this and get back to you

HP Recommended

@dwhilton 

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. You're right, there was a change in design to the plate material. Do you have the warranty ends dates of the cartridges?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Ciara,

The packaging of the cartridge as far as a date goes has the following Install by: Jul 2017 everything else is basically don't eat, don't rub on eyes, keep out of reach of children, and instructions on how to install the cartridge. I believe we order these through STAPLES and its just a aluminum package.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@dwhilton 

Could you please do me a favour and log the details for this case at the website below

www.hp.com/go/SPSwarranty   

Once this is received you should be hearing from one of our Quality Engineers within the Speciality Printing Systems team.

Could you please keep me posted and let me know when they contact you?

Many thanks, Ciara

HP Recommended

We made contact with Quality Engineers and sent them examples of the cartridge. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

We also have been experiencing problems with the C6602A cartridge running on the Digital Check TS240's.  The problems are no printing on the checks or the system comes back and says "No Cartridge Found".  I contacted Digital Check tech support and they metioned they have heard of this issue before and perhaps it could be a bad batch of cartrdiges and/or there has been a change in the original chip design.

I did not see any follow up response and/or resolution regarding this matter.  Can you please provide feedback regarding this issue.  Is there a resolution?

Thanks, Rob

HP Recommended

We are having the exact same issue with more than 200 Digital Check TS240 using HP c6602A.

After a couple days of installed, the cartridge stops working and the TS240 renders it unusable.

We've contacted with an Customer Assurance Engineer and the RMA is on the move....We hope HP find a solution to this or we will have to stop by those cartdridges..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.