02-13-2018 10:30 AM
My printer was working fine after purchase but upon first cartridge replacement - through Instank Ink delivered ink - my printer won't recognise the cartridge as Instant Ink and won't allow me to use it.
When I first put it in it did allow a test alignment page which came out with lines missing (the black catridge only) and then defaulted to the message about the cartridge being non registered.
I'm a bit fed up about this - I don't have 6 hours t o fiddle about with it and go through every trouble shooting page. I urgently need to print off a job appliction and I got a new printer at Christmas in order to get over problems with an old printer.
I can't get hold of anyone by phone at HP - no numbers published and I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to take it back to the shop and get a refund. I don't want to have to do this every cartridge change.
Can anyone help or should I give up now?
02-13-2018 03:25 PM - edited 05-02-2018 12:09 PM
and / or
Contact HP / Instant Ink Support in your region.
Instant Ink / HP Technical Support
Please take the time to read the warnings regarding thieves and vermin:
What is Instant Ink?
- Instant Ink Service is not "free ink"
- Instant Ink Service is a print-by-page subscription service that includes ink supplies during the time the Instant Ink Service contract is active
- You need not be logged into Instant Ink to read the Terms of Service document.
- Contact information is included in the Terms of Service document.
- Read / Find Information
HP Instant Ink> FAQ > How does Instant Ink Work
HP Instant Ink> Link under FAQ > Read your regional Terms of Service Document
- Chat is not an option in every region.
- In those areas where Chat is an option: Chat may not be available all of the time.
In the event that Chat is not available in your region and / or time zone, please consider using the old-fashioned method and call support on the phone.
Option: Contact HP Instant Ink Support in your region
Reminder: Support may be restricted to regular business hours as defined in your location.
HP Instant Ink - Terms of Service (Click Flag to switch to your region)
Lots of important information and definitions, including (as shown in the USA document):
# 4: Printer Needs to be Connected to Internet
# 5: INSTANT INK PROGRAM CARTRIDGES PROVIDED TO YOU (Read this one!)
# 6: INSTANT INK PROGRAM CARTRIDGES MUST BE RETURNED TO HP BY YOU (Read this one!)
# 7: Service Plans -- What is a page? (Read this one!)
# 8: Rollover Pages
#13: Customer Support Center -- Cloud Services Contact Phone Number and online contact link
In USA or Canada
Cloud Services (during normal business hours): 1-855-785-2777
- Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document
HP Support - Specify help for Instant Ink: 0207 660 0596
- Verify Phone Number - Reference Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Everywhere else: Contact HP Support
Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services
Select your country / region from the list and follow the prompts
Option: Agent Response
You can choose to wait for an HP Agent to respond to your request.
The following applies to agent response from HP:
- An HP agent will post back before contacting you privately.
- HP agent response times vary widely – this forum is not HP Technical Support.
- HP agent response is NOT guaranteed - this is a community forum.
- Be aware of scams and thieves that crawl out from under the rocks – READ the warnings.
Help, Documents, Videos, and Information
Click Supported Countries (top right of Webpage) - Change Flag to your country
Subjects and Sections
- Scroll down on page or click Three vertical dots on the top right of page
- If necessary, scroll down a bit to see regional Support Contact Options (Right side of screen)
- Section "How it works" > Scroll down > Click “Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink”
- READ the Terms of Service agreement (Link located under the FAQ section)
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.