Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP Instant Ink, the account is in good standing. My printer won't print black.  According to the printer and the HP Instant Ink site, it still has some black in it, which is probably why a new cartredge has not been sent.  Please help, I'm really frustrated with the lack of black ink and the lack of support options. 

-Heather

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Zyrca,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to print in black. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Please follow the steps within this guide:

In the event that you have defective ink cartridge, please send me a private message with your account number or email address. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct.

In the meantime. your printer is capable of printing in single-cartridge mode. Please remove the black ink cartridge to print with the tri-color cartridge. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.  

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Zyrca,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to print in black. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Please follow the steps within this guide:

In the event that you have defective ink cartridge, please send me a private message with your account number or email address. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct.

In the meantime. your printer is capable of printing in single-cartridge mode. Please remove the black ink cartridge to print with the tri-color cartridge. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.  

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.