01-08-2020 08:44 AM - edited 01-08-2020 08:47 AM
My printer has recently stopped working via wifi. Offline status continually appears. I have reset the computer. Turned it on an off for 60 seconds etc, but it still won't work.
On the laptop (MacBook air) I have reset the printer and when this is complete the printers name shows, but before it can complete the connection a message appears saying "unable to connect right now try later". I would really appreciate any help to get my printer back online> HELP PLEASE ANYONE
01-10-2020 11:32 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printer connectivity issues.
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the MAC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
- Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
- The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.
To check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC, perform a PING test
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee