08-21-2019 10:03 AM
MY PRINTER SAYS PRINTHEAD PROBLEM ON THE ERROR SCREEN. I'VE CHECKED THE INK, THEYRE ALL FINE. I'VE CHECKED THE CARTRIDGES THEYRE ALL INSTALLED CORRECTLY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. IT WORKED FINE LAST WEEK.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-23-2019 12:10 PM
Hey there! @latravant,
Please try the steps recommended below.
Sometimes error messages persist after inserting the printhead. To clear any error messages, reseat the printhead by repeating all steps in this solution up to three times
Resetting the printer can reset the connection with the printhead and clear any error messages.
1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Try updating the printer firmware to the latest version and check if it helps.
Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here
Refer this article to further troubleshoot printhead issues with your printer. Click Here
I'll keep an eye out for your response.
I hope you have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee