Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've read previous forms and steps and tried them all. 

First print out will print in color, then it no longer prints in color.

Testing print page in color.

Word- doesn't print color. 

Tried printing PDF- doesn't print color. 

Deleted HP smart- still not printing in color. 

Updated the latest driver- still not printing in color. 

I even deleted everything on my computer HP printing and still not printing in color once I reinstall everything. 

Please do not send me a blanket copy of a reinstall and uninstall, I tried it already. Spent a useless 2 hours on the phone with customer service. I've had this printer for going on 3 months now with no problems. What gives? Can you guys not create a driver that's compatible to all of the windows updates? Because you're going to loose countless customers with this. I would like to continue to use this as it's affordable but cannot continue to lose sleep hours due to it not working. Someone please HELP who has resolved their issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@FloeyGal415

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Have you tried the root uninstall and reinstall?

Let's try using the built-in drivers: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’ve done so many different things from even getting a new laptop because customer service swore that it was laptop going so “slow”. Nope it’s the printers software. I think with as many window updates that goes on, it cannot keep up unfortunately. There hasn’t been something to fix this bug yet. I gave up on the printer and bought a new one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.