Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am able to print a test page but unsure of how to proceed in printing an email, etc. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for Contacting HP.

As I get that you would like to know how to print an Email, I will assist you with that.

Every Email has a printable format that would show up when you double tap to open the Email separately.

Alternatively right click on the Email from the list of emails and click on "Open" or "Open in New Window".

Look for a small Printer Icon at the right corner of the email as shown below.

Garry_C_0-1590380056260.png

Click on the Icon to open the print dialogue box and then print.

Alternatively there will be a 3 dot 

Garry_C_2-1590380182293.png

Click on the 3 dots and select Print. This would open the print dialogue box and will allow only to print the Content of the Email.

For further assistance please reply to the post.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks, Garry, for your response. I think I need to clarify my problem. Was so frustrated.   Not sure if it makes a difference but my computer isn't a 32 bit, but a 64 bit. I am familiar on how to print.  I was hoping I could work around my dilemma so I tried your suggestion but it didn't print.  After the " Printer validation failure" pops up in the HP ePrint + JetAdvantage box, and I select Ok/Close, this error appears...

Printer validation failed.

Destinations:
1: HP Officejet 5740 series [B97565] - HP308D99B97565.local.

I have entered the Network Security key and also tried the Wireless PIN. Also, reinstalled the network on the printer. Was thinking the wireless connection was the problem. Everything passed on the Wireless Network Test.

I am so very frustrated...

HP Recommended

HI,

Thank you for replying.

I do see that the printer is connected via its host name, and I do also understand that you might be using a Jet Direct.

Installing the printer via a Jet direct can be unstable at times.

We recommend the printer to be directly connected via an IP Address.

I would like to know if you have a Wifi Network via a Router available at your place.

We need to directly connect the printer to that.

Need to remember that the printer will get connected only to a 2.4 GHz network and the PC or other devices from which you want to print should also be connected to the same 2.4 GHz network.

Let us try few steps below :- 

1) Perform a Restore Network Default on the printer.

On the Printer Home Screen, go to set up > network set up > wireless settings > Restore Network Defaults.

Continue and complete it.

2) Run Wireless Set Up Wizard.

On the Printer Home Screen, go to set up > network set up > wireless settings > wireless set up wizard. 
The printer will look for available networks.

Select the 2.4 GHz network.

The PC should be connected to the same network.

Once the network is selected on the printer screen, enter the pass key and continue, the Printer should get connected to the network.

The screen will display the IP address of the printer.

Note the IP Address.

3) Add a Printer.

Go to Control Panel > Printers Window

Click on "Add a Printer"

Select "The Printer that I want isn't listed"

Then Select "Add a printer using TCP/IP" > Click Next

Then select "TCP/IP device" under Device Type

Enter the IP Address under "Host name or IP Address" box.

Click on Next.

Select Replace the existing driver.

Finish adding the printer.

Once done a new printer icon will get created under the Printers window and it becomes default.

Try printing from it and check.

I´m an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.