12-10-2019 09:37 PM
I've had this printer a few months and i continuously get an "Out of Paper" error, despite having paper loaded in the printer. Even when I do a test print, the printer will print a page, tell me I'm out of paper, so I rearrange it, it will print another page, then tell me I'm out of paper again, on and on...I can't seem to figure out why! I've cleaned the rollers like some other posts have suggested, but it doesn't help...Some assistance please!
12-13-2019 07:55 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Does this happen while making a copy too?
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, let's try upgrading the Printer's firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-13-2019 02:04 PM
Yes, it happens when I make a copy as well. Whenever I reset the printer it seems to work fine for a few print jobs, but then goes back to giving me the out of paper error. This happens every time I restart it. I have also checked for updates to the printer and the printer tells me that all current updates are installed.
12-13-2019 07:13 PM
This seems to be a hardware issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee