01-22-2020 01:39 PM
My HP OfficeJet 3833 has stopped printing color pages after only a few weeks of owning it. I do not understand how I can have the most recent operating system and there are instant issues. I had to throw away my previous HP printer (2130) after only a few hundred pages after it simply stopped connecting to the computer via USB. This was after purchasing ink which I assumed to be the issue as there were zero error messages to assist. I bought another printer that takes the same cartridges and again there are instant issues. Is it so hard to get a HP printer that simply prints colour and black and white pages?
It prints test pages with colour but whenever I try to print anything using a windows program that has colour it prints in black and white.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
01-25-2020 03:23 AM - edited 01-25-2020 03:25 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Have you tried connecting a USB cable and try printing in color to check if the issue persists?
This seems like an issue with the printer driver on WIn 10 OS with the latest updates. Let us try these steps:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee