Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3833
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My relatively new OfficeJet decided to stop printing in color.  I checked the settings, of course, and "Color" was selected, the ink was plentiful, but every copy came out in grayscale.  (And you know that with SmartInk, it's wasteful and costly to keep printing page after testing page.)   I looked up solutions and finally found one where the instructions were to delete the printer, reinstall it, along with new drivers, etc.  Once I completed those tasks, the printer was once again printing in color.  That lasted through one, maybe two, printings, and then when I attempted to print a greeting card I had created, the colors weren't as bright as they should have been, and the green coloring on the front of the card was streaked.  Oddly, when I switched the printing to grayscale for a document, the top of it (which had some type of logo on it) came out in a green hue.  Right as this moment, it appears as though grayscale prints in grayscale; but color printing will not print in color.  I don't have a clue as to what to do.  Input from others would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Cwissinie I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did receive a private message requesting additional information yesterday.  I filled out the requested info, and when I attempted to send it, I received a response saying that something (don't remember what it was) wasn't a match.  "Authorization failed."  What am I supposed to do with that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.