Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

We got for Christmas the HP OfficeJet 4500 G520g.  It tells me to hook the All-In-One up to the computer with the included USB cord.  I looked through everything that came out of the box and there was no USB cord.  I can't use the modem cord to hook it up.  I need a USB cord.  What can be done about this?  I don't want to have to go and buy something separately that was supposed to be included.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check a small booklet (or a piece of paper) in the box. This booklet should show what are in the box and believe this or not, many printers now do not have USB cable in their boxes, one reason: cut cost, a normal USB cable now may cost around $10-$15 this contributes to 10% to 15% of the price.

Regards. 

Updated: From the guide:

What’s in the box

All-in-One, ink cartridge pack (1 black, 1 tri-color),15 power adapter, two power cords, USB cable (AP only), Ethernet cable (AP only), phone cord, CD with printer software and user guide, fax guide, and set-up poster.

Where do you live ? Only AP (Asia Pacific) region has cables in the box.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check a small booklet (or a piece of paper) in the box. This booklet should show what are in the box and believe this or not, many printers now do not have USB cable in their boxes, one reason: cut cost, a normal USB cable now may cost around $10-$15 this contributes to 10% to 15% of the price.

Regards. 

Updated: From the guide:

What’s in the box

All-in-One, ink cartridge pack (1 black, 1 tri-color),15 power adapter, two power cords, USB cable (AP only), Ethernet cable (AP only), phone cord, CD with printer software and user guide, fax guide, and set-up poster.

Where do you live ? Only AP (Asia Pacific) region has cables in the box.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I bought the Officejet 4500 a couple years ago, and it had came with a USB... Since then, I had given it to a family member to hold and they "lost" it... and gave me a HP photosmart plus to replace it, which i don't like that I have to copy on page at a time)

Just 2 days ago, I went to buy another officejet thinking USB cord would again be included... Instead of the USB cord, it came with extra software (My ultimate Organizer). I checked the box and it didn't show USB would be included... I guess they no longer come with the USB cord 😕

You can buy the cord on ebay or amazon for anywhere between $8-$15.

HP Recommended

i want you to repiar my laptop that was missing in my sytem

HP Recommended

I just opened the box for an Officejet 6700. It was missing the POWER CORD. No help is available online as to how to get one. I bought the printer just before I moved and it has been a little over a year that it was unopened in the box because of personal difficulties with the move. Now that I am ready to set it up at last, NO CORD. There is a phone power cord but none for the printer! How do I get one? Where do I get one? I can't find any info on line about this sort of problem. Meedless to say I am a bit steamed!!

HP Recommended

hi, a usb cord was not included in the packaging with the printer. (very inconvenient) do i need to get a specific cord for the printer to work? where do i get the correct cord?

thank you,

Lila

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.