10-31-2017 08:20 PM
Just bought a new OfficeJet 4650. Black and tri-color ink cartridges are installed. Printer a Printer Status Report and can see color on that sheet. However anything I print from the computer itself prints in black and white. Using HP Instant Ink so I don't want to burn through a million test pages... There appear to be no options anywhere in any settings to choose grayscale or color printing. Please help!
11-02-2017 09:48 AM
Hello, @Daggs - Hope you are well 🙂
Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help!
I see that you are facing issues while printing color with the Officejet 4650 printer. To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.
Place a color document face down on the scanner glass and press the color copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.
If the copy works fine, then the issue is with the print drivers on your PC. Try to perform a clean install as suggested below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
- Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, click http://hp.care/2rZvlX1 to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee