12-14-2019 10:26 PM
Improper Shutdown error message, then Service Station Stalled error message, which directs to press OK button to have the printer automatically attempt its recovery process - unsuccessful. Followed troubleshooting prompts - power up, disconnect power cord, press and hold power button for 1 minute, reconnect power cord. Problem repeats itself. This happened once before and I was forced to take the printer to Best Buy, who fixed it by doing the same steps as described above - don't recall if the sequence was different but it took them 5 minutes and charged me $35. I'm not interested in making the 150-mile roundtrip to town for this again. Need sure fire fix I can do myself.
12-17-2019 01:57 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error on the printer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then update the printer firmware following the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee