Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a conflict between my cutting machine Silhouette Cameo 3 and my printer. 

The  cutting machine always worked with not issues until I installed the HP Printer. On my Silhouette software shows a notification "Cameo could not connect"; I followed and tried every possible way suggested by Silhouette, to fix this problem but nothing work (firmware & software update, software & hardware connection, updating the USB printing support driver).

My last option is to assign a Static IP Address to my HP; it's likely that the printer is causing a USB conflict wit the cutting machine.

So, my question is How I do this? How can I assign a Static IP address?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Marylu0324,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from our post you are having issues with the printer conflict. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

How is the printer connected? USB/Wireless

Are you having issues with printing from this particular application or from other applications as well.

Have you tried to Run Print and Scan Doctor on your PC?

Do you have the full feature software installed on the PC?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

In this scenario, I would suggest hee is to follow the steps to convert USB connection to Wireless: HP Printers - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

1. Open the HP printer software. For more information, see Open the HP printer software (Windows)

on page 19(For more information, please go through the User guide).

2. Click Tools.

3. Click Device Setup & Software.

4. Select Convert a USB connected device to wireless. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Once you have established a successful wireless connection, then you can try and assign static IP address to the printer: 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says, “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says, “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)
  • Restart the printer and then router once done.

Create TCP/IP Port: 

1. Search Windows for devices, and then select "Devices and Printers" In the list of results.

2. Right-Click the name of your printer, and then select Printer Properties.

3. Click the Ports tab, click on "Add port" select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "New Port"

4. Click next on the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard, enter the printer IP address and click next and then click on "OK".

5. Now under the "Ports" tab you will find the newport with the printer IP address, click "Apply" and "OK".

6. Restart the computer.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.