Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6962
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet 6962 is less than 2 years old.  Prior to a couple of days ago it was printing fine.  Then it stopped printing in color, despite indicating that the cartridges were full.  I changed the cartridges and it turned out that the color cartridges were all empty.  Now this stupid printer "jams" constantly.  After anything this printer does it goes into a "Printer Maintenance" mode.  Print a copy, it goes into "Printer Maintenance."  Clean the print heads once, it runs everything just fine, but if you have to clean the print heads a second time, it goes into "Printer Maintenance" mode.  Every time it goes into this mode the screen shows the message "Printer maintenance in progress.  Do not interrupt."  I can hear rollers turning inside, and hear the print carriage cycling back and forth.  As long as there is no paper in the printer, it finishes "Printer Maintenance" and goes back to normal, and I can print one print job (it then goes into "Printer Maintenance" mode and stops working).  If there is paper in the printer, it asks me to select the paper type.  I select the paper type, and then it goes back into "Printer Maintenance" and "jams" a sheet of paper in the duplex unit.  I then get a message telling me that there is a jam, and that I need to clear the jammed paper.  If I just hit 'OK' it spits out the "jammed" sheet of paper just fine and goes back into "Printer Maintenance."  It will continue this way as long as someone is willing to sit here pressing "OK."  If I open the printer and remove the perfectly good, unjammed sheet of paper, it goes back into "Printer Maintenance" and repeats over and over and over and over and over......

I have been through every accessible inch of this printer and have found nothing that could be causing a paper jam.  I am well beyond frustrated here.  I have tried every "fix" out there that I could find.  This printer was fine two days ago, and now it's basically a glorified paper weight.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@nplawyer

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not received a private message about this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.