Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Error message reads

carriage Jam Open door, clear Jam and press OK to continue.  Have unplugged printer to reset, I Have Moved carriage to left and right but nothing seems to work.

My computer viris protection is set so high that no downloads can be received without a message that the download has a viris and connot be loaded.

Is it possible to get  a CD disk to actually put into my computer and reinstall the drivers for this computer?

Is there a set of buttons to push in order to clear this problem?

Please advise.

Bob

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sometimes paper can get caught in areas that you can't see, like in the back of the printer. You might have already checked that area, but here is a document that shows where you might want to look and verify there really isn't a jam.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00219180

Good luck!

I work for HP, However, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

It is not a paper jam!!!! It is a carriage jam. The carriage is STUCK slightly to the left of the "parking area" It cannot be moved, even by hand.

Bob

HP Recommended

I am sorry I should have clarified my post, although the carriage is jammed it might be because paper is stuck in the machine and it can't move. That is why I suggested that you make sure there is no pieces of paper inside the printer. However, if you have already removed the rear cover and followed the steps in the document maybe someone else will post a better solution for you.

I work for HP, However, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

I have a Officejet 7500 A wide format All in one that's doing the SAME excact thing!!!

Tried to do the "steps" that was listed, but when it just keeps saying error after errror no matter what you do...no paper ANYWHERE, and CAN'T budge the carriage without thinking I'm going to break the darn thing! 

So, Bob, I feel your pain! 

It's just a few months OUT of warranty too! But isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes! 

So far my searches have turned up NOTHING to help our kind of situation!

I had put 3 new inks in about a week or so before this started too! Kinda PO'd to say the least!

I need it for my small home business and of course, now my son needs to print off things for a school project due Monday!

I am going to go do some more Googling and see if I can come up with anything.

I'll let you know if I find anything, and if you do, could you PLEASE post it as well!?

Thanks! 🙂

HP Recommended

Nevermind, I just looked on a few other computer websites and once this happens the printer is no good if it's not in warranty anymore. It's either the sensor ribbon or the carriage gone bad one way or another and not worth the cost of getting it fixed.

HP Recommended

I guess I will go get a new Brothers. Have four of them in our shop now and I bought them all at the same time as the HP. They are still working......When I called for problems with Brothers, I get a PERSON to talk to and fix the problem. I like that better.

I bought the HP for my own office because it had more features.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bob 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.