01-04-2018 09:02 AM
We have an HP OfficeJet 7610 that has been working fine for months now.
Recently when printing from Microsoft Excel, the document we print are No longer double sided.
We've set every option we can find to print double-sided (long side) but the documents are only printed single sided.
The duplex takes pages 1 and refeeds it into the printer, but then just spits it out upside down with just page one on the reverse. Then it prints page 2 onwards as single sided.
01-05-2018 02:19 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding duplex printing as the printer does not print double sided from MS Excel. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a software or Windows update?
- Have you tried duplex printing from multiple apps?
For now, try these steps:
- Please uninstall the printer software and drivers:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2DsbeW6 and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- This should fix the issue.
- Try duplex printing from multiple apps.
Also refer to the print driver settings from this link: http://hp.care/2CvWXYw (HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)
Please refer to these options
- Paper type, size, and input tray settings.
- Layout and formatting settings
Please select the proper paper size and check print preview also before printing.
Other things to try:
- Try duplex printing from different apps. If other apps work fine, then uninstall and reinstall the specific app or MS Office and check again. It should get resolved.
Please check this link: http://hp.care/2Cyoit5 to assist you with duplex printing. (HP Printers - How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows) (Duplexing)
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
12-19-2019 10:21 AM
Hello and happy holidays!
Will you please help me? I have an HP OfficeJet 7610. It's been working perfectly for 18 months. I love the double-sided printing option!
This morning I had an issue. I cannot print a PDF. (It kept showing that it could not find .... private , after trying repeatedly.
I might've made a big mistake, but I erased my driver and reinstalled -- However, the new driver does not offer the "two-sided" print option when you open the Print Window?
Do you know what I did wrong? Can you help me?
12-21-2019 04:27 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?
Reply with the requested information for more assistance.
I am an HP Employee