Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So is there a service manual for this model or not?  I have one that's giving problems with the replacement printhead.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@D Hook

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please brief the issue in detail to assist you better.

Is copy working?

Eager to assist you!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Replaced ink cartridges and printer won't recognize three of the four cartridges.  Says they're missing.  Cartridges are brand new  OEM and not expired.  Got the black to recognize once, then came up missing again, along with yellow and magenta, which never recognized.  Installed old cartridges and won't recognize those either.

Is there a hard reset for this printer?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@D Hook

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Please remove the cartridges, clean the electrical contacts with a Lint Free cloth

Then perform a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Put the cartridges firmly back in and download the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-7610-Wide-Format-e-All-in-One-series/5... if the issue persists

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a good weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did the reset as you suggested but still won't recognize the ink cartridges.

Have downloaded the firmware but am unsure how to update the printer.  I have it set up on a wireless connection right now.  I've gone over the settings and have enabled the autoupdate, which says the printer is up to date.  But can't see anyway to upload the firmware you linked to.  Also looked for a firmware update utility on the drivers page on the HP website for this model but didn't see one.

I also have the EWS enabled and am able to see the settings on that on my laptop.

HP Recommended

@D Hook,

Your brilliant efforts and application are greatly appreciated and it is great to have you back. As @KrazyToad out of for the day, I am responding to you.

Now check if the issue gets resolved. If it continues, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

This looks like a hardware issue and the printer needs to be replaced. I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR FREE. AFTER PAYING OVER $600 A POP FOR THE PRINTER, THEN OVER $100 FOR ALL 4 COLOR INK CARTRIDGES, YOU CAN AFFORD A FREE SERVICE MANUAL!!!   STOP SOLDERING PARTS TO THE MOTHERBOARD, AND USE SCREWS LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!  EVERYONE SHOULD REBEL UNTIL ALL THIS IS DONE!!!!  MELISSA BURNS  burns8286@comcast.net

HP Recommended

WHERE ARE THE SERVICE MANUALS??????  PUT THEM ONLINE FOR FREE!!!!!!  I'M SICK OF PAYING THROUGH THE NOSE!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.