Did you mean: 
dspmandavid
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 7612 Service Manual

Hi @DavidSMP.

I am going to re-inforce the original question in this thread.

Is there a service manual for the 7612?

If so how can I obtain one?

If not, please could you at least reveal, to the user community, all the tests that the printer does to decide that the "printhead is missing,not responding, or incorrectly installed", and ALL the test sequences that the user can go through to determine where the problem is.

There is a video online of the more complex reset sequence, and I have even gone through the "full reset" and still cannot get the printer to recognize the head.

I can certainly buy a new printer, but why is HP so reluctant to help people solve these problems and thus not turn what is probably a reasonbly easy fix into another pile of electronic waste?

Please don't send me through the turn the power off, unplug the supply etc. and wait 60 seconds.  I have a T shirt for that already. 

Looking forward to a more complete answer.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
burns8286
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

II JUST SAID THAT ON ONE OF THE OTHER FORUMS. IV'E TRIED EVERYTHING ON YOU-TUBE, EVERYTHING I HAVE FOUND ON THEIR SITE, IV'E CLEANED WITH Q-TIPS AND RUBBING ALCOHOL, CLEANED WITH THE PROGRAMS THAT YOU GET OFF THEIR CRAPPY SITE, AND TRIED TO USE THE PROGRAMS TO ALIGN THE PRINT HEAD, ALL TO NO AVAIL.  I HAVE A BRAND NEW PRINT HEAD IN THE BOX, BUT REGULAR SCREWDRIVERS SUCH AS A PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER DON'T WORK. IT'S A ROUND HEAD OF SOME KIND.  I HAVE TO SEND MY SON HOME TOMORROW TO GET HIS HUGE KIT OF SCREWDRIVERS.   ANOTHER WAY HP HAS TO KEEP US FROM WORKING ON OUR EQUIPMENT. AFTER THIS, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRINTER OR COMPUTER WITHOUT LOOKING AT IT INSIDE.  AND IT WON'T BE AN HP.  PS MY DESKTOP ONLY LASTED 3 YEARS.  IT HAD A CPU FAN THAT WAS SOLDERED TO THE MOTHERBOARD, SO I COULDN'T REMOVE AND REINSTALL LIKE I'VE DONE MANY TIMES BEFORE.  I ALSO BOUGHT A LAPTOP A YEAR AGO, AND HAD IT 1 WEEK. I STARTED GETTING  HARD DRIVE FAILURE ERRORS BEFORE IT WOULD BOOT UP AND I WOULD HAVE TO PUSH F1 TO GET IT TO FINISH BOOTING. IT WENT BACK!!!!!  ALSO THERE WAS NO CD/DVD DRIVE. I BOUGHT A DIFFERENT ONE WITH THE CD/DVD DRIVE IN IT. BUT IT ONLY HAD 6 GIGS OF RAM, WHICH I FOUND OUT WHEN ONE OF MY PROGRAMS STARTED ACTING UP. THAT COST ME ANOTHER $180 TO BRING IT UP TO FULL CAPACITY, 16 GIGS

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
burns8286
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PS I'M CALLING HP TOMORROW. I'VE HAD IT.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation