Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet Not working with HP Pavillion WIndows 7

OfficeJet 6958
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A brand new OfficeJet 6958 printer hooked up to an HP Pavillion PC running Windows 7. I have not been able to make this work with my PC. I have tried EVERYTHING!! 

- At first I bought a OfficeJet 5258. It did not work, so I returned it and bought the 6958. Same exact problem!

- I have installed, removed, reinstalled the driver literally 20 times. 

- I have connected it both via USB and wireless

- I have stop/started/restarted the print spooler MANY times

- I have deleted the printers queue MANY times

- I am at the end of my sanity with this!! Why is this not working? I literally print, the print job dissppears instantly from the queue, and I can see a "deleting.." message flash very quickly. 

- Two printers having the same problem?! This is very strange. 

- I can easily print from my iPhone or Macbook pro laptop wirelessly. I know the printer works. It just won't work with the HP PC.

Is this a compatibility issue? Are these printers not compatible with Windows 7? 

If there is something I haven't tried, I would appreciate some guidance and help. Otherwise, I will have to look at another manufacturer, like Epson to solve this. 

thanks;

John

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation