Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJetPro 6968 Product#T0F28A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HELP! I'm going COVID CRAZY!!! I've looked through the community forum and done all steps recommended for a carriage jam, but the printer display screen still says:

- Carriage Jam

The print carriage cannot move. Open the cartridge access door, clear any paper jam or obstruction, and select OK.

I've cleared all paper places, looked with a magnifier, replaced the ink cartridges & rollers, changed type of paper, been unplugged, replugged, plugged into wall, said a few Hail Mary's, exclaimed additional expletives, etc etc. 

Six hours ago, this unit printed off 9 photos no problem. I've spent the last FIVE hours troubleshooting the carriage jam issue. No wonder people just say "F&*k It" and buy a new printer. But as we're in a pandemic and my local store isn't open, I have to figure out how to make this work.  Please advise. I just need to print off three more photos and then I'm happy to toss this unit in the garbage (despite three sets of new ink in stock)... kidding, not kidding. Any help graciously accepted. Thanks in advance, Tara C.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for contacting HP.

Please try the steps in the links below. 

There are videos as well that show how to fix an issue. Check the video and perform the steps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/documen...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/documen...

Reply to this post for further assistance.

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

@GarryC thank you for those two links. I've done that already, but retried per your instruction and it is still not working. Please advise. Thanks, Tara C.

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the steps in the link did not resolve the issue then the printer needs a hardware intervention that can be done by a Live Agent.

Please go to the link www.hp.com/contacthp to get the options for Live Support.

Regards,

I´m an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.