12-10-2019 08:58 AM - edited 12-10-2019 09:57 AM
I have the same problem as a bunch of other people, as per this post.
Product Name HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Product Number T0F28A
- False paper jam error (Printer has never had a jam)
- Displays error "Printer Failure" with code 0x6100004a
- Cartridge carrier does not move when opening access door
- Reset unit (unplugged from power for 60s, etc)
- Replaced cartridges*
- Performed Semi-Full reset (3 times)
* Replacing the cartridges was a p.i.t.a. With the printer off and unplugged, I had to push the carriage away from the center, then manually roll the black cogs (under the cover on the right hand side) to get the waste ink collector to move out of the way, then I could move the carriage easily.
My suspicions are either:
- the firmware rolled out in September is causing this error. However, I have been unable to rollback the firmware to test. Edit: I've since deemed this unlikely, since a search of this forum has many results pre-dating the latest firmware.
- There is maybe some dust on the sensor for the paper jam. A user on a blog site commented that he adjusted an optical sensor to get his device working.
- Blocked print head.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12-12-2019 01:55 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Appreciate you trying all the steps and researching on the issue.
Unfortunately, this is a hardware issue. I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.
Note: Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee