Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJET pRO 6978
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I initally received error message Ox6100004a indicating a paper jam.  However, there was no such issue.  After following forum advice to clean the paper feeder rollers, I received another error message indicating a printhead error.  My machine was shy of 2 years old having only printed approximately 50-100 pages per year, so reading on the forum that it needed to be replaced seemed unreasonable.

Though out of warranty, I called HP support and was instructed to:

1)unplug both ends of the power cord from both the printer and my surge protector

2)hold the power button for 5 seconds

3)plug in the printer directly to a wall outlet

Problem solved.  According to the technician, static caused by the surge protector builds up and causes the false error messages that can disable the printer.

Hope this helps!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Larenzo84

Welcome to HP support community.

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

We purchased our printer approx 2 years ago and we are haviing the same issue. We have followed the instruction in the attached post without eliminating the error.  Any other suggestions to  would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

@USER174

Thanks for joining HP Community!

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number of the printer?

Any hardware changes made in the printer?

Check if there is any jam or if the carriage is moving freely.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

We keep having this same error come up on our office jet pro. It keeps saying paper jam and there is no paper in it also model# SNPRC-1501-01. Product #T0F29A please help 

HP Recommended

@Larenzo84

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have exact model and this worked for me. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Elvis7162

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Happy to but I'm not sure how I do that.

HP Recommended

@Elvis7162

Look for my post which solved the issue,

There will be a button for accepted solution, click on it.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked on my printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.