01-27-2020 07:01 PM - last edited on 01-29-2020 04:13 PM by Cheron-Z
Betty, I must confess that I went out and bought a new HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 in frustration. It is set up and worked for a while. Now it tells me the printer is "offline." How do I get it back online? I am 75 and no computer whiz. Any ideas would be appreciated.
01-30-2020 04:29 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is showing offline.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.
Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from this Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe
Run PSDR v5.0.2
Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status.
Select the correct Printer and click on Next.
PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing
Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page.
Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT”
PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot.
Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue. If no issue found close PSDR.
Also, try using the HP Smart App and let me know if that helps. Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-smart/9wzdncrfhwlh
You can refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 for more information on HP Smart App
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee