6 5 1 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 locked control panel

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed Windows 10. With Windows 7 I could print custom size (9 x 12) pages. Now I cannot. Most controls on control panel are inactive and when pressed I get a message that the "feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer." I do not recall locking anything. HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Level 13
Level 13
6,139 6,109 492 1,037
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello, 

Please try below steps...

Please restore network defaults on the printer by following steps from this user guide: https://hp.care/2hM1Vuc (Please refer to page 134 on how to do it.) This should fix the issue.

If the issue persists, then please check your forum private message box for a message from me that gives steps to perform a semi-full reset on the printer that restores it to factory defaults.

This will resolve the issue or you.

Good Luck and keep me posted. I wish you well. Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
bertieferris
Level 2
6 5 1 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was able to unlock the control panel. Thank you.

Now I need help printing custom size paper. In 2018 HP issued a patch to allow printing custom size paper. I downloaded the patch and it worked. At the time I was on a Dell PC with Windows 7 OS. I have recently partitioned an iMac hard drive and loaded Windows 10 OS. I no longer have “Custom” as a paper size selection in my program. Is there a patch for Windows 10 to be able to print custom (9 x 12) paper? Custom size does appear on the printer control panel under paper size management. It is not recognized in the program I am running.
0 Kudos
bertieferris
Level 2
6 5 1 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was able to unlock the control panel. Thank you.

Now I need help printing custom size paper. In 2018 HP issued a patch to allow printing custom size paper on the 7740. I downloaded the patch and it worked. At the time I was on a Dell PC with Windows 7 OS. I have recently partitioned an iMac hard drive and loaded Windows 10 OS. I no longer have “Custom” as a paper size selection in my program. Is there a patch for Windows 10 to be able to print custom (9 x 12) paper? Custom size does appear on the printer control panel under paper size management. It is not recognized in the program I am running.

0 Kudos
Level 13
Level 13
6,139 6,109 492 1,037
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

Please click  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03890386   to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
bertieferris
Level 2
6 5 1 2
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

FANTASTIC!!!!! This solved my problem. I am back in business!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation