Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 is physically cabled to the Internet router and my wireless laptop connects then drops the connection after a few minutes.  The HP Print and Scan doctor always finds the printer and says "Some issues were found and fixed with your product", yet the problem is occurring over and over and over, multiple time s per day.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EC-Joe 

Hello,

Please update the printer firmware with the HP link below.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp8710/OJP8610_1828A.exe

If th issue persists, please restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try printing and scanning.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the firmware update to two separate computers with the same result.  The update downloads, runs and pops up a window that asks me to select my printer.  Although my printer appears on the list, when I attempt to select the printer, I am unable to check the box, so the update button never activates.  The refresh button yields the same result, the printer is listed but I cannot select it.  My only option is to select the cancel button.  This solution did not fix the issue.

HP Recommended

@EC-Joe 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Update the printer's firmware as follows:

1. From the printer's front panel display, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer's IP address.
  2. Launch a web page, then type this address in the address bar and press Enter. The printer's Web interface opens.
  3. Click Tools tab, and then develop Printer Updates, and then Firmware Updates.
  4. Click the Check Now button to install the latest firmware update.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Good morning Mans.  I experienced the problem last night and once again, the print and scan doctor was able to correct the issue.  This morning, I followed the instructions below to update the firmware and received the message that the firmware was current and there are no new updates.  Since my printer is wired to the router, I selected the network icon to obtain the IP address, not the wireless icon.

HP Recommended

@EC-Joe 

Hello and thanks for your return,

In order to palliate this incident, please proceed as follows:

1. On the front panel of the printer, press the Network icon to retrieve the IP address of the printer.
  2. Launch a web page and then type this address in the address bar and Enter.
  3. Click the Network tab, then under Advanced Settings, and then Bonjour.
  4. In the Bonjour Service Name field, change the number in two brackets to Network. (already done)
  5. Choose 9100 Printing for Bonjour Highest Priority Service, then click Apply and then on OK.
  6. Delete the HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 series printer in the Devices and Printers window.
  7. Add the printer again with the HP Printer Assistant.
  8. Try to print and scan.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.