01-02-2020 02:22 PM
My HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Magenta 952XL print cartridge is not printing the Magenta color. My printer is no longer under warranty and only about 2 1/2 years old. The printer recognizes the Magenta but when I do a printer status report or print quality diagnostic page the ink cartridge level shows 100 but does not actually print out the color.
Can anyone provide additional details to help resolve my issue?
Troubleshooting efforts have been conducted.
Using HP Ink Cartridge 952XL
All other ink cartridges work (Cyan, Yellow and Black)
Tried 3 times the clean printhead
Tried shutting down and restarting device
Nothing seems to work. Is there any other suggestions from the HP community that I can try to get this resolved?
01-05-2020 04:25 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you -
1) Have you tried making a color copy?
2) Does it print color from a different device?
3) How's the printer connected - wired or wireless?
While you respond to that, try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-06-2020 06:02 PM
1) Have you tried making a color copy? Yes and no magenta. Everything is cyan, yellow, green and black.
2) Does it print color from a different device? Actually, no magenta. Same colors as above.
3) How's the printer connected - wired or wireless? Wireless
Magenta is still not printing.
I haven't had time to uninstall print driver but will try during the week.
Thanks for the support.
01-07-2020 05:45 PM
Clean the printhead
On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .
Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.
Touch Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue.
A test page prints.
Examine the test page.
If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee