Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I've had the first error for over a month now. The printer showed something like "The printhead is missing, not detected or incorrectly installed." along with the code 0xc19a0023. I contacted HP support and they suggested to buy a new printhead from third party sellers, because, they said, 'having their technicians come to my place to fix the problem would cost more than the printer itself'. So I did my research online and found out that should I not only replace the printhead but I need setup cartridges too, and most sellers don't provide them along with the printhead. Meanwhile I don't know how I managed to print few pages but since 4-5 days I'm having a new error and I can't print again. The printer shows a generic ink system failiure (with no code) telling me to replace the black ink cartridge with another one, not empty. It also asks to align the printhead but I wasn't able to do that because of the ink system failiure. The cartridges were all replaced in early November (before getting the printhead error).

FYI I already tried to:

- reset the printer

- clean the printhead

- remove and reinsert the ink cartridges

- search for new updates

All of the above did not solve the problem.

What am I dealing with? Do I have to replace the printhead? If so, do I really need setup cartridges to make the new printhead work?

Thank you for your help and sorry for my English (I'm writing from Italy).

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Manu_Roma

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you've performed all the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8730-all-in-one-printer-series/7902049/documen... and https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8730-all-in-one-printer-series/7902049/documen..., I recommend you replace the Printer.

You can contact the HP Team regarding this.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

Thank you for your reply. The only step I haven't performed yet is replacing the printhead but from your answer, since you're recommending to replace the whole printer, I suppose replacing just the printhead it's not a convenient option.

As I mentioned before I already contacted the HP Customer Support in Italy and they only suggested to buy a new printhead from third party sellers. I'm not going to buy a non-returnable non-official replacement if I'm not 100% sure that the problem will be fixed.

So, to sum up, after barely three years (that means no more under warranty) I have to throw my printer (that cost me 300€) away and buy a new one. I don't know how it works in other countries but I'm very disappointed with the HP Customer Service in Italy.

Anyway, thank you for your help. You are the only one who responded.

Have a good day!

HP Recommended

@Manu_Roma

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For escalating this case.

Let us know if you wish to escalate this.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

I've just sent you a private message with the additional information you requested to escalate this case. Thank you for your time. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I do see it. I will escalate this right away. Thank you 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.