Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Nothing the trouble with this inkjet printer. It's hooked up with a wired network and if automatic IP is set then the plotter comes with a strange IP address . If I enter a fixed IP, a day later settings gone.  ho but new firmware, ok downloaded and started and yes, the inkjet printer found, yahoo. Hmm a minute later firmware installation failed.

Tip if I must update the router this goes via...USB, never problems.

Not the windows firewall is not blocking the printer.

It has an older firmware so an update could fix network issues with the nightmare inkjet.

So if network fails printing to this inkjet is useless..  Now that firmware update refuses for the 4 th time I don't take any actions again. , this a pro printer, sure not.  Can this device update firmware via USB in if not then it's useless and it goes to the garbage where it should have been in the first place.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I saw some info:

Please perform the hard reset and check. < my reaction

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.  < was on

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.  < did that

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. <did that

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. <did that

5. Wait at least 60 seconds. < even longer

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. < did that

Result still no firmware update. I start to think  that the firmware 001.1912A.00 is buggy as hell.

1. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

2. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please connect the printer with a USB to your computer and allow it several minutes to complete the device configuration, a new printer should be added, listed as HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series or HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series PCL3, without any Network or letters and numbers added.

Download and launch below utility from your PC:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp9020/2010a/OJP9020_2010A.exe

Follow the steps on-screen by selecting the USB printer and completing the update, then unplug the USB and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  A brand new 9025 at F/W: MANHHIPP1N001.1914B.00 and ran the OJP9020_2010.exe on Windows 7 64-bit via USB 2 and it initiates the F/W update by automatically powering off the 9025 and then the LCD screen displays "Verifying".  Windows update app scrolls back and forth as if it's updating and then after about 15 mins, the Windows app times out and states that it failed and then you have to click the 'X" on the LCD screen on the printer to quit verifying since it never updates anything.  It then powers off and on and remains at the same F/W version.  Obviously there appears to be an issue with this release.

HP Recommended

May you able to connect the printer to the network and update the firmware directly from the printer as listed below?

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c02919168

Please let me know,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.