Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was, happily, going about my business on my Officejet Pro 8620 - when I got an error message "Paper Jam". I checked every  source of a possible jam (flashlight and all). The product refused to reboot or unjam. I went to user forums and found that this is a VERY common problem with HP and users that are out of warranty report this is a ploy by HP management  to get users to buy a new machine.

With that, I bought a new HP Officejet Pro 9018 (nope, I hadn't learned my lesson yet). When I opened the box to setup this new machine - I was astonished at how cheap a product the 9018 is. VERY poorly engineered and produced. Only HALF the product of the previous 8620, but at same price.

Next I searched high and low for HP contact info. on canceling my Instant Ink on the 8620 and all I could find is a worthless computer oriented answering help service. (gave me instructions on how yo unJam a machine I didn't own. No information available on canceling the Instant Ink on the Printer that HP Jammed and will not reset.

Grrrrrrrr

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the paper jam error on your Officejet Pro 8620.

If the actual error is "Carriage Jam" rather then paper jam then see the troubleshooting steps in the document here.

To cancel the Instant Ink account on your Officejet Pro 8620 go to the HP Instant Ink site, the phone number (or chat option for some countries) will be listed in the lower right of the opening screen.

Instant ink UK.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.