Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I was having the same trouble with the encryption message.  Deleted the printer from mac's Printers & Scanners...deleted the network settings from my HP 3830, unplugged the printer, and then set up the wireless network again.  Afterwards I did the "add" printer procedure.  It is when you choose your printer, that on the bottom you will see "Secure Air Print" under "Use."  The drop down menu has "Air Print." I was then able to print.  Hope it works for you.

J

HP Recommended

This did not work

HP Recommended

Perfect. This worked for me. All I had to do was delete the printer, then when I added them back, I selected just "Airprint," not "Secure Airprint."

airprint.png

HP Recommended

it prints fine from my phone but not from MAC computer

HP Recommended

I tried the approach reccomneded twoice and it does not work. The printer is 3 months old. What solution do you propose? 

HP Recommended

I did find it difficult to find the dropdown to change secure AirPrint to AirPrint so if you are having this problem I recommend following the above instruction to the letter.  It worked for me.  

HP Recommended

Removing the printer from my MacBook Pro then re-adding it did NOT work.

HP Recommended

You failed to point out that when you add the printer back, you must change the USE  to anything BUT Secure AirPrint.  For whatever reason that causes the "encryption credentials have expired" error message.

USE Window.jpeg

HP Recommended

Thank you!!! This issue have been driving me crazy. Finally I can print again!

HP Recommended

This is what I ultimately had to do as well. I have an OfficeJet 3830 multi-function. I did all the steps, still no printing. I then had to delete and then re-add the printer again and then select the "non-Secure" Airprint option.  Now it does work but I am concerned about security since I have the web print capability turned on.  Does utilizing the non-secure option leave us open to any kind of security vulnerability?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.