Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have has this printer for about 6 months.  

These are the lights flashing:

left and right cartridge, bluetooth, resume and power.

There are no combination shown on the troubleshooter.  In fact, the flashing bluetooth is not even an option!

I used this link for reference purposes.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02643100

Please assist, help is appriciated.

Brad

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

it looks like the device has been asserted. Let's try the following to see whether it can be recovered?

1) Hard power cycle - Simply plug out the power souce directly and reboot the device.

2) Upgrade your devide FW to the latest version. You can download the FW from the following

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4231...

3) There might be a genuine internal hardware failure. futher investigation needed.

Thanks

Regards

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Brad isn't the only one having this issue. I just received a HP100. It has the current firmware on it (ALR1FA1344AR). I printed several 1-2 page documents with no issue. Tonight I printed a 28 page document. When it completed both cartridge, bluetooth, resume, and power lights were blinking.

As Brad noted, the HP Support page for the HP100 blinking lights does not give the option to set the bluetooth to blinking.

I pulled the battery, waited 5 minutes, and reinstalled the batery. The same blinking lights came back. Pulled the battery again, plugged in the power supply, and it powered up fine (for now). 

Based on the lack of a blinking bluetooth light on the support page, I'm guessing this something not expected. 🙂 While searching for this, I came across the same issue in 2012.

HP Recommended

Just an update.  I solved it... with a hammer, and purchased a new one. 

Unfortunelty, I had spent more time messing around with the piece of junk than using my time for billable hours, ergo losing money.  I lacked options in my town to purchase a different brand and avoid using my new unit unless I absolutley have too.  For $400 I would expect this product to be dependable.

HP Recommended
I had the same issue. Cleaned out the ink well found on the bottom side of the printer and now it works. I used toothpicks and paper towels. Might have to order a new one eventually but for now I'm up and running.
HP Recommended
This happens on occasion with my hp100. I solve it by 1. Unplugging printer raking battery out then 2. going in my computer and cancelling what's in the print queue. 3. Turn printer back on. I usually test it with a different program (eg if lights started when I tried to print a pdf doc I do a test with a word doc). So far this has consistently worked.
HP Recommended

This just worked for me! I've left the battery unplugged for now and it is currently printing off documents fine.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

In my case, it happens when I tried to print some MS Excels sheet. I found that it repeatedly and consistently happened as soon as when certain pages among many were queued to print.  

I solved it as follows

1. Remove the print queue.

2. Turn off the printer (unplug the power and remove the battery.)

3. Turn on the printer.

4. Convert the particular page into PDF file.

5. Print the pdf file instead of printing Excel pages.

(a debtor)<><

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.