macleadv
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 3830 - Scan Alignment Problem

HP Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer prints and copies with not problem with the paper alignment, but with the scans, the alignment is skewed.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 3 KeziahGlory
Level 3
54 54 1 3
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried Scan using the printer control panel or HP printer software or via Webscan.

There were few tips mentioned in the Usermanual page number - 58 and the link for the User manual is http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04724956

I work for HP. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
P_Emerson
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, this isn't about using a particular panel, it's about when you place the document face-down on the glass of the scanner, or face-up in the document feeder, the scan that goes to the computer is skewed.  It's not by much, but it's enough to really set things off, enough to cause the requirement of editing in a third-party program such as GIMP.

What is being asked:  Is there anything we can do to adjust that scanner alignment so it's exactly perpendicular to the length of scan bed, exactly 90-degrees to the lines of the scanner top surrounding the scan bed?

0 Kudos
19,734 15,069 307 1,166
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation